Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year, A New Routine...

Okay Folks. I am back! Its a new year and I have made some household routine changes. My children have started back to school and I have instilled a new routine for them. Day one has begun with smashing results! Here's how it goes... The two oldest boys are to set out clothes, bookbags, etc, and pack school lunches the night before and are to get to bed 30 minutes before their previously set bedtime. Then in the morning they are to get up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, and be waiting with coats on when the bus shows up at 7am. Boy #2 got all his stuff together and packed his lunch the night before. He got to bed pretty much on time. He got up on time, and showered, dressed, ate and was all ready for the bus when it showed! SO proud of him! He even remembered his lunch today! Boy #1 opted for a hot lunch, so no lunch packing for him, but he got all his stuff together and was to bed at a reasonable hour. He was up and showered, fed and ready also before the bus arrived. A very smooth morning I must say! So now I must put together the afternoon routine. We will see if it all goes as planned. I am really really hoping that this will carry further than just today!
As for me, I am hoping to get back into the routine of posting on a daily or almost daily basis. I am hoping also to get a "schedule" for my posting. I will continue with Thousand words Thursdays. So that is one day scheduled. And it will be much more fun now with my NEW camera! Yes, I got a new camera for Christmas! A very nice one that I will blog about on another day! Have a Happy Monday!

No comments: